17 August 2011

Computers

The one thing on my mind this past week or so has definitely been the Monroe Tri-Sprint but work has gotten me down due to unfairness at my job.  I wasn't the recipient of said unfairness but it was enough to push my buttons.  Now it may seem easy, oh see a computer that has issues, check it in and fix it, right?  Nope, not at my job.  If anything we over complicate the process with an excess of paperwork a repair time that would be considered unacceptable by normal means and us not having the staffing / coverage to get everything done in a day.

I used to love going to work and seeing everyone that was there and now I can't wait until my next day off (I'm super excited for the coming two workless days).  Now I don't want to start blaming people for why my job is pissing me off because I own that feeling and I try my hardest to not let it affect me.  It still doesn't change stuff that I can't control, such as the feelings of my fellow employees and also the customer's I attempt to serve each day.  The only thing that is controllable is my own feelings and what I do with them.  Going off of that fact I notice everyday another customer that is mad for some reason or another.

Is being angry at one more sales person really going to accomplish anything outside of making both parties feel like crap?  I don't think so.  I see a finish line and strive to accomplish it.  There is only one direction in my life that is supported by all those around me and I do have my moments where I consistently fall short but that's what I have amazing people in my life for.  Those that I call friends, I had mentioned Chris in my last blog, have been there for me through thick and thin (pardon my very overused statement).

One thing that I've learned over the past few months that Sharon and the whole Multi-Sport Group has shown me is that no matter the circumstance there is always a finish line.  Always a reason to smile and laugh and just enjoy life.  Always a reason to believe in the human spirit and what it can accomplish through sheer power of will.  We all have moments where we fall short.  Computers fail all the time so why can't we fail and learn from those failures?  There is one direction in my life and that is forward.  I hope that uncontrollable laughter will pursue and the journey is full of moments to be shared with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment