01 August 2011

Down but not out...

Onwards we go...  Oh wait where's the Giant?  Simple, I've been working on my biking and swimming.  But back to on topic.

I have had a lot of things on my mind and this blog is one of those things I've been wanting to get started but have been too lazy / busy / no clue to do it.  Well I finally did it, thanks Sharon!  With having had this blog and also my many random thoughts that go through my head throughout the day on my mind where to start is my question to myself.  Well a wonderful injury has been prominently on my mind lately.

With a second Doctor's visit to Dr Annie tomorrow I'm hoping to get back in gear with my running soon...  We'll see how well that wish goes.  I get the joy of starting from almost 0 for my running all over again.  Oh wait how did this happen though!

Well I started this training thing a few months ago, I'd say April timeline or so, when my step mom said I should meet this woman that ran a Multi-Sport program at the Y she works at.  I was thinking yeah right like I'm going to get beat by a simple program at the Y, I'm sure that there can't be anything to it...  Yeah, right....  Keep telling yourself that and maybe just maybe you'll survive, yes I do mean survive, day one.  Day one rolls around on a Wednesday morning and I meet this little Lady from South Africa, Sharon, who says we're going on a trail run this morning and that she had heard a lot about me from my step mom.  Oh great, off to a wonderful start here...  Then I hear she wanted to gauge where my running was at so that she had a starting point.  Those that know me know that I will go and go until I drop, partially due to my stubbornness...

It was one of those days I still remember going out and thinking oh this is easy and that I have it in the bag.  We get going on the trail and I'm wondering what the hell did I sign up for, but quitting is one thing I refuse to do!  Although the run was very hard and I realized how much my stamina sucked and how far I felt I had to come I went full bore into this new group of people that particularly fascinated and inspired me.

Now that I'm a few months in I've come a long way.  I look back at that first run and wonder why I struggled so much, oh wait no I don't.  Little did I know that all this training meant that some old injuries / bio-mechanical deficiencies would act up causing me pain as well as locking my hamstrings constantly...  That being said time to go back to Paragraph 2!  Yeah appointment two with Dr Annie and this Active Release Therapy is tomorrow morning!  I'm excited because I really really miss my running.  For one I've got to meet some extremely amazing people who have an incredible ability to balance life, kids, work, and still maintain an active lifestyle while training!

I love the people I train with and have gotten to know, and would even call close friends, through many nights and mornings at Starbucks, even with no money to count on.  The conversations I've had out on Saturday morning trail runs and Tuesday and Thursday night Starbucks runs never cease to amaze me.  I've been known to claim a lot of our conversations the best conversation ever!  We'll call this the end of my rant of the week!  One thing that I want to leave with is that no matter who you are what situation you're in just remember to keep your head up cause things always get better and end up working out in the end no matter how dismal the situation may look!

No comments:

Post a Comment